23.10.06

Saturday January 13th, 2007 Welch Village


Date & Location: Saturday January 13th, 2007 Welch Village

Snow & Weather: 13 degrees cold very nice new man-made snow

Vertical feet & runs: 9,550 feet 28 runs

Comments: Rode with Greg, Cuz Jeff, Vicki, and Glen. It was cold today which was fine with me. I love wearing my Ronin Puffy (Greg calls it my Charlie Brown jacket). We got to Welch at 11:00am and Greg had already done 14 runs then we started the tour of Welch. Greg is so rad! Welch blew snow all week and the snow was in great condition. We completed the tour around 3:00pm with about 7,800 feet. Then we went to Mad Jaxx for the return of the Mystery Buckets. Yeah!!! We drank Mystery Buckets and rocked out to an acoustic cover band. Then after dark CJ and I went and did 7 more runs down Pete's and Dan's. It was the best runs of the day and CJ ripped it. I achieved the ever elusive perfect buzz (I usually overshoot it by a mile) I don't know why sometimes he rips and sometimes rides like such a sissy. Maybe I should clone myself and have my clone follow CJ down the hill all the time but SHHHH don't tell CJ it is a clone.

Guest Commentary:

Greg: Awesome training day. 35 runs on bulletproof hard pack. Did the "manure tour". Chicken was the best. Feeling strong for my Colorado weekend next week. Then it's on to Tahoe. Whoo Hooo! 2 Malolos = 2 Malolos , 1 Malolo+1 Fish= 1.75 Malolos.

Vicki: Great day today. Started out rocky but ended strong. Did the "manure tour" as Greg dubbed it. Then drank some Mystery beer. How much better does it get.

Glen: I rode insanely awesome today! I tore it up on Chicken. I completed my 2nd tour de Welch of the season, 21 runs. Mystery Buckets rock, Thanks Bonnie!

CJ: Today was fun. It was cold but I rode good today. Did another "Tour of Welch" which was cool. Madd Jaxx had Mystery Buckets again. Thanks Bonnie! 2nd session Rocked!! I think I either had or was close to the "Perfect Buzz" I had my best 7 runs of the season during the last session. Can't wait for Colorado and Tahoe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home